Monday, September 13, 2010

Linen Hoop Earrings

Linen and Lace Hoop Earrings

Here's the first piece of jewelry I made from the little bead stash I got from Diana. (See my previous post) These hoop earrings look kinda funky and punky, don't you think?  I made a circle frame for these earrings out of 18 gauge sterling wire, then wrapped the frames with black waxed linen and small faceted black onyx beads. I've had this linen wrapped hoop idea for a while. Diana's ceramic charms were the perfect motivation to actually execute the idea!  I knew her pieces would be the perfect focals to hang from the center! The charms here are porcelain with a lace impression.  I'd love to make some more of these in some different color combination! You can check out more of Diana's work in her Etsy shop. Thanks for looking! :)


6 comments:

  1. Erin, when I get back from vacation and back to making beads I'll send you more because I LOVE what you are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love to see what you create next..and these earrings are just gorgeous with your unique style!!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like those, especially the little detail of the tied off bits at the top of the beads!

    ReplyDelete

I live for comments! Please do share your thoughts...