Monday, October 4, 2010

Turquoise Button Necklace

My second design for the Artbeads.com Fall design challenge. As I did for my first piece, I used the 'Fall 2010 Patone's Color Report' for my inspiration. Lagoon, Lipstick Red, and Oyster Grey. Turquoise is my absolute favorite color and my favorite gemstone! I'm thrilled that Turquoise is the 'Color of the Year', according to Patone and I'm taking full advantage of it! I love the organic shape of this natural Turquoise nugget bead strand. I hand-knotted the Turquoise gems onto some Red silk beading cord. The large antique silversmith button serves as the focal and the clasp! This decorative button can be worn at the side, in the front or at the back!

I made a simple loop for the button with a piece of 2mm dark brown leather and a large antique silver pewter crimp end. I hope you've enjoyed my Artbeads Fall design project! Thank you for stopping by! :) Happy Beading!


Disclaimer: Artbeads.com has sent me the above mentioned beads, pendants, materials and/or findings to create with as part of their design partner blog program. I have not been paid by Artbeads.com to participate. Thank you.

7 comments:

  1. I love how you did that loop for the button. Clever girl!
    The pops of red are just the perfect touch.

    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your style as always is beautiful and elegant in it's simplicity. I would definetly wear the lovely button in front or on the side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elegant and sophisticated color combination. beautiful work, Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the color combination and the way you put everything together. Great design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erin, I love what you did with the beading cord and the leather clasp...you are one creative jewelry designer! I've never seen a piece designed like this!! I love turquoise as well...this is such a stunning piece!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the button loop! I have no idea how to do those.

    ReplyDelete

I live for comments! Please do share your thoughts...