Saturday, June 30, 2012

Mark Your Calendars!

I will be at Ornamentea in Raleigh, N.C. on July 27th & 28th! The shop is hosting a book signing and Make n' Take on Friday, July 27th from 6-8pm. Then, on Saturday, July 28th from 10:30am-1:30pm, I'll be teaching my Bohemian Knotted Earrings workshop. I'm so excited for these upcoming events!
Friday, July 27th
What: Bohemian-Inspired Jewelry 
book signing and Make n' Take project
 Where: Ornamentea
509 N. West St.
Raleigh, NC 27603
When: Friday night, July 27th 
6-8pm
Click Here for more info. 
Leather Ruffle Hoops 
 Join me Friday night and make one of my earring projects from Bohemian-Inspired Jewelry called, Leather Ruffle Hoops. Chat with me about incorporating fibers and cords into your jewelry. I will have several original jewelry designs from the book that you can see in person. Feel free to ask me questions about beading and the process of writing the book with my co-author, Lorelei Eurto. Purchase a copy of the book that evening or bring your own copy and I'll be happy to sign it for you!

Saturday, July 28th

 
Bohemian Knotted Earrings
What: Bohemian Knotted Earrings Workshop
 Where: Ornamentea
509 N. West St.
Raleigh, NC 27603
When: Saturday, July 28th 10:30am-1:30pm
Price: $65
Click Here to registrar. 
Class description:
Learn simple knotting techniques to make a trio of bohemian chic earrings! Using waxed linen cord, you will learn 3 different ways to attach colorful beads to a ring component.

Students will learn basic knotting techniques to make three pairs of stylish earrings. Techniques covered in class will included: lark's head knot, half-hitch knot, overhand knot and how to use knotting tweezers for precise knotting. Using waxed linen cord, students will learn 3 ways to use knots to attach beads to a ring component. Students will have the following color choices for each pair of earrings: red, orange, green, turquoise and blue.Variations on the three designs made in class will also be discussed, so student will be able to expand on the techniques they have learned. 

I'd love to see you in class! Hope to see at Ornamentea!

2 comments:

  1. I'm writing this down in my calendar and am definitely going to make the effort to go! Wow! I'm so excited! I'll let you know if it seems like a done deal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very excited that you are coming.I am definitely gonna mark my calendar today.Cant wait for me to make beautiful designs.

    ReplyDelete

I live for comments! Please do share your thoughts...