Friday, August 2, 2013

Sun Fiesta Earrings TUTORIAL

Fiesta Sun Earrings 
by Erin Siegel

These bright, playful earrings will light up your Summer days! So fun and easy to make.
Ingredients:

Tools:
Round nose pliers
Chain nose pliers
Scissors
Ruler

Instructions:

1: Convert the headpins into eyepins by trimming off the heads and creating a loop at one end as shown.
2: String one 6mm glass round; form a simple loop. Set aside. Cut the cord in half and set one aside.

3: Make a 3” fold at one end of the cord. Form a larks head knot around the brass ring as shown.
4: Use the short end of cord to form an overhand knot against the previous larks head knot. Trim ends to 1/8”. Using the long end of cord, form a half-hitch knot around the ring. 
5: String a 4mm bead and form 3 half-hitch knots. Repeat until entire ring is covered. Form an overhand knot against the last half-hitch knot. Trim ends to 1/8”.
6: Attach the bead link made in step one to the brass ring between the first and final knots. Attach an ear wire to the bead link. 

7: Repeat steps 1-4 to complete the second earring.

7 comments:

  1. Nice pattern, I like different things and this one is really unique. I love to make things like this and I am going to try it soon, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE these!! I've been at a loss for creating beautiful, funky hoop designs, and these are perfect. thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kim. I do hope you try making some of these!

      Delete
  3. I've been looking for brass rings like this, where did you find them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara,

      I usually always link the resources for my projects when I can. If you click on each item in the materials list it will take you to where I got them. Here's the link to the rings on Ornamentea.com: http://store.ornamentea.com/store/product/16475/33mm-Hammered-Rings-|-Naked-Brass-|-6-rings/

      Best,
      Erin

      Delete
  4. wow thanks for this great tutorial and idea! I´m thinking this would also work to use as a pendant for a necklace, maybe connecting several rings someway? that´s just what got in my head when I saw this :) Thank you so much for this!

    ReplyDelete

I live for comments! Please do share your thoughts...